Liberty Bank/Rotary Club Thanksgiving Dinner Drive
In partnership with Liberty Bank, the Liberty Bank Foundation, 41 of our fellow local Rotary Clubs, and the East Haddam Lions Club, Middletown Rotary Club is once again dedicated to ensuring that all of our neighbors can enjoy a bountiful Thanksgiving dinner!
Every dollar raised by our club between October 11 and November 19 will be matched with 25 cents from the Liberty Bank Foundation. We use these funds to support the Middletown Community Thanksgiving Project, as well as the Amazing Grace Food Pantry and social service providers in Cromwell, Durham, Middlefield, and Portland.
How to Donate
Rotarians are encouraged to donate to the drive. A signup sheet will be circulated at Rotary meetings through November 14. Checks can be given to club treasurer, Helene Vartelas.
Please encourage your friends and associates to give to the drive as well! It’s easy—just visit any Liberty Bank office, or donate online at www.MiddlesexUnitedWay.org/ThanksgivingDrive.
Members are welcome to download marketing materials for the drive by visiting the Liberty Bank Foundation website at https://libertybankfoundation.org/rotary-resources.
Middletown Member Delivery Instructions
Delivering the makings of a Thanksgiving Dinner to area deserving families has become one of the most personally rewarding projects of our Middletown Rotary Club. (It also won a 2008 Rotary International Cooperation Award for our partnerships with Liberty Bank Foundation, American Red Cross, Stop & Shop and other District Rotary Clubs.)
Rotarians making basket deliveries will be given contact information for the families to receive Thanksgiving dinners (names, addresses, phone numbers). Deliverers should call each family to let them know that their dinners will be delivered on Tuesday, November 22, between 12:30 and 2:30. Be sure to secure directions for delivery, apartment or any special entrance.
Turkey Dinner Food Delivery Instructions
Here are some suggestions to make your Thanksgiving basket deliveries go smoothly.
By Friday, November 18:
- Call the family and let them know you are a Rotarian and will be delivering their food sometime after 12:30 on Tuesday.
- Make sure someone can be there to receive the food
- Confirm the address, get directions and which entrance to use. (Make note on their sheet)
- Clear out the trunk of your car/van or back of your truck
On Tuesday, November 22:
- Bring your assignment sheet with you!
- Drive to Fellowship Church, 1002 Saybrook Road, Middletown (on the left going south after Tommy’s Pizza.) PLEASE NOTE: Rotary members are asked to enter via the Brooks Road entrance; drive around the church to the location where we loaded last year. After loading, you will exit via the Saybrook Road driveway.
- Pick up ALL required food from our Rotary loaders, who will have boxes ready according to size of your families.
- Deliver to your assigned families with a smile and a "Happy Thanksgiving from the Middletown Rotary Club".
If no one is home, try calling the cell phone if provided, or try again later in the afternoon.
If you are not able to deliver to the family, put the family name and info on the box and return the food to Fellowship Church. Call and leave a message for the family stating they can pick up their food at the church on Tuesday until 3 PM. If they can’t get to Fellowship before 3 PM on Tuesday, they can pick up their basket at the back entrance of Amazing Grace (860-347-3222) at 16 Stack Street on Wednesday between 10 AM and 4 PM.
Call Sue at 860-990-5547 if you cannot make your deliveries or if you have any questions.