Middletown Rotary Club
July 16, 2019
President Cheryl Duey brought the meeting to order at 12:15 pm with song and pledge.
Reflection (Lois): “For one priceless moment in the whole history of man, all the people on this Earth are truly one.” President Richard Nixon, in a phone call to Armstrong and Aldrin after they landed on the moon.
- Ryan Uhlman, Executive Director, Village at South Farms, guest of Art Meyers
- Today will be the first Club Assembly to allow additional time for networking.
- Cheryl provided copies of a “Stump Speech” that all Club member can use to summarize our Rotary accomplishments.
- Kevin: Sign-ups for soup kitchen passed around; also available online.
- Board met last week; Pat will continue as Secretary while Co-President.
- Next week’s speaker: Meghann LaFountain; club member and immigration attorney
Guaranteed Card Winners:
- Low: Cliff, to Amazing Grace.
- High: Kevin, to Homeless Coalition.
King of Clubs: No winner
Pat read the minutes of the Board Meeting. The Presidents’ projects will be family literacy(Cheryl) and connecting with local schools via their Robotics programs.(Pat).
Budget:. Our Club income is down about 25%, which has impacted the Operating Budget and caused the Board to consider further reductions in expenditures. A dues increase is already reflected in your current bill, which you should have received by now. Other fund-raising projects, in addition to the annual fund-raiser (to be held on October 24th), are under consideration, but probably can’t be implemented until next year.
Committees: If you have already indicated an interest in chairing a particular committee, feel free to go ahead and solicit members.
A complete copy of the Board minutes can be found on the Club’s website.
Meeting adjourned at 1:00 PM with the Four Way Test.
Respectfully Submitted by: