~ Five Avenues of Service Overview
~ Club Service
~ Vocational Service
~ Community Service
~ International Service
~ New Generations Service
Serving The Community
Becoming A Member
Community Service includes the scope of activities which Rotarians undertake to improve the quality of life in our community. Many official Rotary programs are intended to meet community needs, educate our citizens or improve conditions for everyone in our service area.
The Middletown Rotary Club conducts fund raising projects that provide ongoing support for the following community service projects annually:
- Thanksgiving Food Baskets - We donate, then deliver Thanksgiving food baskets in cooperation with the American Red Cross and Liberty Bank. In addition monies raised support food pantries serving Durham, Portland, Middlefield and Middletown.
- One Book One Middletown - We initiated and continue to lead the programs of the citywide literacy program to promote reading.
- Warm the Children - We volunteer for the Warm the Children program that provides clothing to needy children.
- Wilfredo Nieves Dictionary Project - Age appropriate dictionaries are provided to third graders in Middletown public schools.
- Youth Baseball and Soccer - We support a local Little League baseball team and a youth soccer team.
- Amazing Grace Food Pantry - We help collect money and food for local citizens in need.
- Amber Alert - We provide free identification of children to assist in their safe return should they go missing as part of a state and national network to increase the likelihood that children will be recovered swiftly and safely.
- Grants/Contributions to Local Organizations - We donate a significant portion of the money generated by fundraising to local charities, non-profit organizations, and community projects. Click here to learn about our Grants Program.
In addition, Rotarians help with many community events sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce and local organizations.
Middletown Rotary Club Grant Application